Tuesday 29 December 2015

Chi Chi Boxing Day Sale Haul

I'm not really one for the Boxing Day sales, especially trying to find a parking spot which is damn near impossible. For those of you who don't live in Australia, Boxing Day is like Black Friday without the violence. I saw that someone posted on a facebook group that Sephora had the Lolita mini set in stock but as soon as I got there, there was literally no sign that they were even there. I made a little Chi Chi wish list of some of the gift sets that I wanted. I do believe Myer's had most of the sets for 30% off.


I ended up getting the Paris nail polish set, fragrance collection, glitter eyeliner set and the glamorous makeup collection in 'Summer'. I've already used some of the nail polishes in Going Round In Circles At The Arc De Triomphe and Taking A Selfie At The Eiffel Tower. Let me just say holy crap they are pigmented. I did two coats but you could absolutely go with just one. I do prefer the mono colour as opposed to the 'confetti' type but both are beautiful. They have an almost gel like finish and are scented. Each nail polish is scented with something that's listed on the box, not on the bottle. The price for them was $14 for 8 bottles, not that bad of a deal if you ask me, especially seeing as an Essie nail polish is $17 for one. The shades it comes with are Strolling Down Champs Elysees, Window Shopping In The Marais, Visiting Mona At The Louvre, Crepes Suzette In The Latin Quarter, Frogs Legs Anyone?, Climbing The Steps At Notre Dame and the other two I mentioned. The entire range are all pastel type colours.

Next up is the fragrance collection. I love the Chi Chi perfumes, I think they smell delicious and aren't too heavy. Chi Chi have very fruity and sweet type scents, so keep that in mind. The scents the pack came with are Warm Vanilla Sugar, Coconut and Lime, Pink Grapefruit, Blueberry, Tutti Frutti, Vanilla Spice, Berries and Cream, Strawberry and Violet. They are sample sizes (10mls) but they aren't rollerballs, they have pump sprays. My favourite scent in the pack is Pink Grapefruit though is was really difficult to choose. This set was one of the two that wasn't on sale, I got it for $25 which I think is still pretty cheap. One full sized bottle is 50mls for $19.95 whereas the pack comes with 8. If you couldn't be bothered to do the math, you'd need to buy another 4 packs to get one full sized perfume of a singular scent. In the end you'd be paying about $15 for a full size. The reason why I really wanted this set was because it is absolutely perfect for traveling with. I'm going on a trip soon and this was the perfect thing to get for it.

I wasn't going to get the glitter eyeliners but I'm glad I did. It was on my wish list however, for one particular reason. What persuaded me was watching Shaaanxo's recent Chi Chi haul and I fell in love. I know this is the second time I've mentioned her in a row but what can I say? She's influential. I've already experimented with the eyeliners and I'm living for the light blue one. They don't have names, so I'm working off descriptions. I'm already working on something with them for you, a particular look which I think you'll love. This was the other pack which wasn't on sale, it was $20 for 6 eyeliners.

The last thing I got was the glamorous makeup collection in 'Summer', they had another one which I think was called 'Bronzed' but don't quote me on that. If you haven't got much from Chi Chi then I would definitely get this pack, it comes with a jumbo bronzer, a mosaic blush in Pink Peach and a limited edition Summer eyeshadow palette. The pack was on sale for $21 and it's definitely worth taking a look at.

To anyone who wants to purchase Chi Chi but don't live in Australia/New Zealand, then you can purchase Chi Chi from their website which ships worldwide.

I also want to say that this is in no way sponsored, I bought this all with my own money and this is an honest review.

Side note: I will not be posting during certain times in January like New Years, around the 11th and other dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment