Monday 31 August 2015

Caving In

Have you ever been pressured into buying something because you were too shy to say no and had already gone too deep to back out of buying the thing? Well rest assured you are not alone.
I can’t believe I’m actually going to write this but the other day I was on a FB makeup swap and sell page. It’s all very fine on there I haven’t had any bad experiences bar one and that was covered by Paypal. Low and behold I come across Mac’s Giggly Blush, for those who don’t know the beauty I am talking about I will post a photo below.


However since I had just done a bunch of online orders, my card was now in debt by $25. So I simply took a screenshot, hoping that by the time pay day had come around, it would still be available. To say that I was interested but not yet committed to buying it, I commented ‘F for the Mac Blush’ on the post. F meaning ‘following’ for those who don’t use swap and sell pages. Almost instantly I got three notifications, one saying the buyer liked my comment, one saying she had also commented, and a personal message, which read - “Hi Amber, if you were interested I can do the mac blush for $35 posted :) a little bit cheaper.” Albit it was cheaper by about $3 but she was so sweet about it that I didn’t want to say no. I feel like this has happened to at least everyone like when a shop assistant has helped you for about 30 minutes straight but the item you originally wanted wasn’t what you thought it would be but it’s too late to back out now.


So ashamed of myself, I didn’t look at the message until today and responded back saying that I would get it. Goddammit. I’ll let you guys know when I get it and do a review etc etc.

Here's a photo of it that I posted on Instagram (@16ambermarie) - It's the one in the middle.




It's so beautiful.


I’m so annoyed at myself.


Laters,

Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment