Tuesday 2 February 2016

Lip Treatments That Actually Work!

There are a lot of lip balms/scrubs/treatments etc out there and as someone who suffers a lot from excessively dry lips, it can be money consuming trying to find ones that work. A lot of the time I go on the net and look for some reviews, the women who are testing the products have smooth lips. I have full on, dry lips. Like I can sit there and peel off my lips because the skin peels from being so dry. Though on some really bad days like in the middle of winter, my lips will actually bleed from cracking. My bottom lip is a lot bigger than my top one, it's not a Kardashian pout but its proportionate. My bottom lip is quite full, it sticks out and I like the size of it, however it can be a nightmare when I haven't used a lip treatment in winter and I smile but my lip splits and bleeds.

Sorry if that got quite gruesome but I want my viewers to know that, my lips aren't perfect, they certainly wouldn't be chosen as a lip model. So if you sympathise with these symptoms but are still looking for lip treatments, I've found them for you. I do want you guys to keep in mind that each to their own, some of these products may be too intense on your lips or you may be allergic to a certain ingredient. Please give them a go if you don't have sensitive lips and want to get help for your lips. I do want to disclaim that I'm not a doctor, these products aren't miracle workers, using these products once won't magically fix whatever problem your lips have, but they will make them more manageable.



The first product is a simple lip balm, this is my daily lip balm that I use in the morning before I do my makeup. I use it everyday to give my lips some moisture and plumpness about half an hour before putting on lip products. It's the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. This lipbalm has never failed me, not once. I've been using it since about mid last year and I'm still going through it. It has lasted me forever, it tastes nice (I don't even like mango). It's definitely worth a trip to target to pick one up.

The next product is one that I received in a Bellabox. It's the Chapstick Night Repair Lip Treatment. I'm not sure if you can buy this on it's own, or if it only comes in the double pack with the day repair. This treatment I use at night before bed or if I need a quick but effective moisturise. If my lips are feeling a little more dry than usual and need a quick fix, then this is what I use. It almost gives you a glossy effect on your lips.

Next is the Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm with essential rose wax. I think I heard Zoella talking about how this was one of her favourite lip balms but I'm not 100% sure. This was a mini one that I bought from a lovely lady on Facebook. I've run out of it and I need to buy more. This lip balm is one that I use as a luxury treatment, it works incredibly well but it's a little pricey. So I use this when I really feel like pampering myself or if my lips could use just a little more than the Chapstick treatment.

When you have dry lips you pretty much need to exfoliate them weekly, no more, no less. The one that I use is only $2 and I found them at Aldi. I haven't seen them around my ones anymore and I can't find them online. However if they bring them back, or you find them somewhere, get as many as you can. They came in Watermelon, Mango and Coconut. I wasn't too crazy on the coconut but the Watermelon is like a drug, I can't stop smelling it. It is perfectly formulated and moisturises while exfoliating. I haven't found any lip scrub that even comes close to this one. The lush ones I hated but these, these are amazing.

The last product I'm going to talk about is the Elizabeth Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm. I tried the normal Eight Hour Cream because NikkieTutorials talked about it being perfect for her lips. I went to the store, bought one and the lady suggested I buy the lip repair balm too because I told her what I wanted the original one for. It was classic sales techniques but I still bought it. I'm glad I did because the original Eight Hour Cream burned my lips. It was way too intense and I don't even have sensitive lips. I stopped using it immediately and was a little skeptical about the lip repair balm. About a week later my lips were dead, I needed something to help them, so I picked up the balm, used it before bed and woke up with extremely plump and smooth lips. I tried using this nightly as some had suggested but I found its still a bit too intense for that. This is the perfect balm however for those really bad days when my lips are about to crack. I slap a bit on before bed and I'm usually right to go. Use in extreme cases only, I wouldn't recommend this as a daily lip balm.

I hope this has been helpful for you guys and that your lips feel better after using these products. Let me if this was helpful at all in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment