Friday 5 February 2016

The New Mini Smashbox Full Exposure Palette Review

In Mecca the other day I saw they had two sets of mini Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. Each of them had different shades in the palette, one was more cool tones and the other was more warm tones. I do have to say that I don't like the packaging, it's great having something so small and slim to take travelling but to me, it has this cheap, plastic feel to it. I just feel like the palette looks and feels like it was made in some cheap-o factory.














The mini palette has 4 shimmer shades and 4 matte shades. I thought this would be a great idea to try out the Smashbox palettes. 


The shades already had fallout everywhere when I opened it for the first time, and you can see on the mirror that two shades have already left an imprint on the mirror. The palette didn't come with a plastic protector over the shadows which kind of annoyed me because I like my brand new palettes to be pristine. 


The shadows were crooked when I opened it which also makes me think that the palette is quite cheap looking. I would think a palette that cost me $35 from a well-know high end brand. The photo above is quite literally how it looked when I first opened the palette. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I've used a couple of things from Smashbox before and haven't had a problem but this was extremely disappointing.


The swatches disappointed me as well. Both the shimmer and the matte shades felt like they were made of chalk. They aren't very well pigmented at all. It took quite a bit of back and forth to get some colour onto my arm.

When wiping the shades away, the shimmer shades pretty much just got moved around on my arm, the colour went away but the glitter went everywhere.

If you were thinking about picking this palette up, I'd give it a miss. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment