Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sleek Highlighter Palette Review | The Lipstick Hub

Recently Sleek finally hit Australian target stores so I picked up a few things, including their liquid lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes and the Solstice highlighting palette.

The highlighting palette really caught my attention because it has such unusual shades in it. The palette comes with 4 shades in it, 1 cream highlighter and the rest powders. It also comes with a brush but I probably wouldn't use it. The colours range from purple based to yellow based so it's really strange. I'm not quite sure if it's going to suit my pale complexion but we'll see I guess.


The palette itself is really quite beautiful with it's reflective bronzey-golden packaging. It's also really small so it's great for travelling. It comes with a plastic sleeve that has the shade names on it but it also has the shades written on the back.


So let's get into swatches shall we?

L-R: Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Subsolar, Equinox

I have to say I really am quite impressed with the palette. Ecliptic is the cream shade and I probably wouldn't reach for it that much but it is a beautiful bronzer/highlighter shade. This palette is definitely very versitile in which it would suit a lot of different skin tones. Hemisphere is probably the shade I was most looking forward to swatching and it pretty much exceeded my expectations. Subsolar isn't as yellow as I thought it would be which is definitely a good thing, I'm still not sure if it'll suit my skin tone however. Lastly Equinox isn't as warm toned as it looks which is definitely a good thing for my skin tone, however it may disappoint some people because it isn't as it looks.

I will definitely be picking up some more of their highlighter shades because they are absolutely beautiful and incredibly pigmented. They do have some instructions on the box that show you what you can do with each highlighter shade, but each to their own. You could definitely create a lot of different looks with this palette. It might be worth checking out if your local target stocks them.

No comments:

Post a Comment